157 Calories / 4.8g Fat / 22g Carbohydrates / 4.5g Fiber / 11g Protein
- 2 Rounded Tbs Optimal Solutions® Chocolate Complete Protein & Vitamin Shake Mix (or 1 rounded scoop)
- 1¾ Cups Sugar
- ¾ Cup Cocoa
- ⅓ Cup Corn starch
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2¾ Cups Milk
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Combine cocoa, sugar, corn starch, Chocolate Protein & Vitamin Shake Mix, salt, and milk in a large sauce pan.
- At first, the corn starch may clump, but use a whisk and keep stirring and it will dissolve nicely.
- Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until the mixture starts to thicken and boil.
- Boil one minute.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- In a small bowl, lightly wisk three eggs.
- Gradually stir about half of the hot corn starch mixture into the eggs.
- If you’re nervous about accidentally prematurely cooking the eggs with the heat, add the corn starch mixture one tablespoon at a time, and don’t forget to keep stirring as you add it in.
- After about half of the hot mixture has been mixed into the eggs, pour all of the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the rest of the hot corn starch mixture.
- Stir both together thoroughly.
- Put the saucepan back on the heat, still stirring constantly, and boil the mixture for one more minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat again and stir in the vanilla and butter.