Red Velvet Protein Cupcakes with Greek Yogurt Frosting
Probiotics are friendly bacteria that help to support digestive health.* These microorganisms can be found in Greek yogurt, as well as in Nature’s Bounty Optimal Solutions® Protein & Vitamin Shake Mixes.
Check out this indulgent recipe for red velvet cupcakes that provides you with, essential nutrients and protein, too! We promise you’ll find them nutritiously delicious.
- 2 scoops Nature’s Bounty Optimal Solutions® Chocolate Complete Protein & Vitamin Shake Mix
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons zero calorie sweetner
- 3/4 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt (plain)
- 1/2 cup Egg Whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients first, and then add wet
- Line tray with cupcake liners and pour batter evenly into the pan
- Bake cupcakes for 12 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
- While cupcakes are cooling, gather ingredients for cream cheese frosting
- Using a hand mixer, blend cream cheese, Greek yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in the confectioners’ sugar until mixture becomes light and fluffy
- When cupcakes are completely cooled, add frosting and enjoy!