Chocolate Lava Muffins
(For 12 Muffins) Per Muffin:
205 Calories / 10g Fat / 26g Carbohydrates / 4.5 g Protein
- 2 Heaping Tbs Optimal Solutions® Chocolate Complete Protein & Vitamin Shake Mix (or 1 rounded scoop)
- 8 oz. Semisweet Chocolate Chip
- 1 Stick Butter (or ½ Cup)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ⅜ Cup Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- 3 Tbs Cocoa Powder
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Place a small metal bowl over a saucepan with simmering water.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the bowl.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, Chocolate Complete Protein & Vitamin Shake Mix and salt. Sift these into the chocolate and mix well with electric hand mixer.
- Add eggs one at time, fully incorporating each egg before adding the next. Beat at high until batter is creamy and lightens in color, approximately 4 minutes. Chill mixture.
- Coat the top and each cup of the muffin tin with butter.
- Dust with the cocoa powder and shake out excess. Spoon mixture into pan using a 4oz scoop or ladle.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Outsides should be cake-like and centers should be gooey.
- Serve warm and enjoy!